In pictures below James is standing on the left in the third one, second row, and in the middle for the fourth one, first row. He was also went by Virless, his middle name.
My name is Rick Myers, (Richard O. Myers) son of Kenneth O. Myers of Walland. Virless was my dad’s older brother. The family was raised in West Millers Cove and was a large one. Virless’s father was John Henry Myers and mother was Mary Tina Flynn Myers. Virless had 7 brothers, Raymond, Don, Odell (Kenneth O.), Ernest, Stanley, Rafe and Roy. He also had 3 sisters, Margie Potter, Aileen Emert, and Edna Russell. Only Edna and Aileen remain alive. I currently have the medals (Purple Heart, Silver Star) that were awarded to my uncle and also the flag which was presented to my grandmother.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 24 July 1918
- Date of death: 6 April 1945
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Walland
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 32nd Armored Regiment, 3rd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart, Silver Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Long Island National Cemetery, Farmingdale, Suffolk County, New York
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James V. Myers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.