James Thomas Davis was drafted into the U.S. Army on October 25, 1966. Shortly after he completed his basic training in Louisiana, he was promoted to the rank of Sergeant and then received orders for Vietnam. On February 15, 1968, during some of the heaviest fighting of the Tet Offensive, Tommy fell to enemy fire as a result of multiple shrapnel wounds.
Submitted by Dot Gallaher
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 15 November 1943
- Date of death: 15 February 1968
- County: Meigs
- Hometown: Decatur
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 22nd Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Decatur Cemetery, Decatur, Meigs County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James T. Davis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.