Pfc. Campbell entered the service June 14, 1941. He completed his basic training at Fort Sill, OK, and was awarded the Good Conduct Medal and the Certificate of Honor. He later trained at Camp Atterbury, IN, and went overseas in November 1944. He was Killed in Action in Germany December 16, 1944.
James T. Campbell is buried at the Holston View Cemetery, Weber City, Scott County, Virginia
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 27 June 1918
- Date of death: 16 December 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 592nd Field Artillery Battalion, 106th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Holston View Cemetery, Gate City, VA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James T. Campbell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.