James Sherman Tallent was the son of Perry William Tallent and Annie Bell Hyde. He married Inez Crane in 1930 and was the father of Billy John Tallent, Bobbie Nell Tallent and Barbara Tallent. He and his family resided in Sulphur Springs in Georgia at the time of his enlistment. He enlisted 8 December 1942 at Fort McPherson Atlanta, Georgia.
He was returned from St. Jean-Besançon, France
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 7 March 1910
- Date of death: 13 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 141st Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James S. Tallent
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.