James S. Kilday was born in 1921 in Tennessee to James Franklin Kilday and Annis Victoria Lane.
He died non Battle 20 September 1944
1st Lt Kilday is buried at Shiloh Cumberland Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Tusculum, Greene County, Tennessee.
The Greenville Sun, September 23, 1944
First Lieutenant James Kilday, aged 24, a veteran of World War No. II died Wednesday night at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington, D.C. after an illness of six months, three months of were spent home. In 1940, Lieut. Kilday, while a student at East Tennessee State College, joined the State Guard. After the bombing at Pearl Harbor he was called into the army and was sent to Camp Forrest and later sent to Officers Training School at Camp Hood in Texas.
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of death: 20 September 1944
- County: Greene
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shiloh Cumberland Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Tusculum, Greene County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James S. Kilday
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.