James Ralph Reagan attended grammar school and was a general farm hand in his hometown of Maynardville prior to entering the Army. He was never married.
He entered the US Army on June 7, 1941 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. After basic training he was assigned to the 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division and was promoted to the rank of Corporal.
He was killed in action on October 26, 1944 near St. Dié, France.
He was returned to his hometown and buried at Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Maynardville.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 21 June 1919
- Date of death: 26 October 1944
- County: Union
- Hometown: Maynardville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 15th Infantry, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pleasant View Cemetery, Maynardville, Union County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James R. Reagan
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.