Corporal James Robert McNeilly was born in Greenback, Tennessee, on June 29, 1931. He was a member of Company H, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines, 1st Marine Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in the Punch Bowl Area of Korea during Operation Piledriver on June 7, 1951. His death is listed as a hostile casualty caused by an explosive device.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 29 June 1931
- Date of death: 7 June 1951
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Greenback
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Grandview Cemetery, Maryville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James R. McNeilly
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.