Sgt. James R. Hawkins
Buried Hopewell Bapt. Cem.
The body of Sgt. James R. Hawkins, age 25, who was killed in action in Germany on April 18, 1945, while serving with the 399th Inf. arrived in Madisonville on Monday, Dec. 6 at 310 o’clock p.m. Funeral services were held at Hopewell Springs Baptist Church with burial in the cemetery nearby. Kyker in charge.
Surviving are his father, James A. Hawkins, Madisonville, two brothers, Melvin of Long Beach, Calif. and J.L. Hawkins of El Paso, Texas, two sisters, Mrs. Agnes Day and Mrs. Mary Swan, Long Beach, Calif.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 14 August 1919
- Date of death: 18 April 1945
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Madisonville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 399th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hopewell Cemetery, Madisonville, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James R. Hawkins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.