James Oscar Haney was born 23 March 1895, McMinn County, Tennessee to Radolphus D. Haney and Maggie Ellison. He entered the service in June 1918 at Charleston, Tn and trained at St. Barancus in Florida. He sailed to Europe on 25 September 1918, arriving on October 2. He died of pneumonia in France and was initially buried at the American Cemetery Angers, M-et-L in France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 23 March 1895
- Date of death: 28 October 1918
- County: Bradley
- Hometown: Charleston
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery C, 69th Regiment, Coast Artillery
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Arlington County, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James O. Haney
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.