James Norris Twitty, born 1930.
Corporal Twitty was a member of Company L, 3rd Battalion, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division. He was listed as Missing in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea on November 27, 1950. He was presumed dead on December 31, 1953. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, January 11, 1951
Pfc. James N. Twitty, grandson of Mrs. Mattie Bellows of 2403 South Baldwin Street, has been reported missing in action in Korea since Nov. 27, his relatives have been informed. He was the nephew of Mrs. Dorothy Martin and Grady Martin of 57½ West 26th Street. He was a student at Dunbar High School, Dayton, Ohio, when he entered the service.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 30 November 1930
- Date of death: 27 November 1950
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James N. Twitty
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.