James N. Jones enlisted in the US Army on February 28,1942 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia.
He was a member of 3143 Ordinance MaM Company.
He is buried at Ironsburg Cemetery in Monroe County, Tennessee.
Mr. and Mrs. W.R. Jones of Ironsburg have received word from the War Department that the remains of their son, T-4 James N. Jones, are en route to the U.S. for reburial. The date of arrival is unknown. James N. was killed on Luzon Island in 1945. He served for 47 months on the Pacific Islands.
Photo courtesy; Linda Jones Hentsch
- Rank: Technician 4th Class
- Date of birth: 12 June 1920
- Date of death: 7 September 1945
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Ironsburg
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 3143rd Ordnance MAM Company
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Ironsburg Cemetery, Ironsburg, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James N. Jones
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.