James Leslie Isenberg enlisted at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia on 9 July 1943 and received basic training at Camp Barkley, Tex., and later served in Vancouver, Wash. He landed in England after assignment to overseas duty in February 1944. He was assigned to the 76th General Hospital. He was killed in Belgium.
James Isenberg attended school at Gray and Boones Creek and was employed at Tennessee Eastman Corporation before his induction. He was married to Mrs. Pearl Matthews. His parents, Mr. and Mrs. Isenberg, and three brothers, Karl, Nicholas and David C. Isenberg, also survive.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 21 March 1916
- Date of death: 8 January 1945
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Jonesborough
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 76th General Hospital
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Gray Community Cemetery, Gray, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James L. Isenberg
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.