Private First Class James L. Evans, US Army, was assigned to the 289th Infantry Regiment, 75th Infantry Division. The 75th arrived in Europe in November 1944, and with no time spent on the line went directly into combat to stop the Germans at the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes Forest, Belgium. It was during this action that PFC Evans was killed in action on 17 January 1945. He was interred at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium, B,2,46. Awards include the Purple Heart.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 17 January 1945
- County: Johnson
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 289th Infantry Regiment, 75th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of the Bulge
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James L. Evans
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.