Born 7 August 1917
Died 6 July 1944
Buried at Friends Cemetery, New Market, TN
331st Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division, Company I
Jefferson County Standard, August 3, 1944
Sgt. James L. (Jim) Cain, 27, has been reported killed in action in France, on June 6. He had been in service 21 months, and overseas only three months. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Edd Cain of New Market. Survivors include his parents, four sisters, Mrs. Martha Russell, Mrs. Binnie Green, Misses Ruby and Dorothy Cain, all of New Market; five brothers, Buford, Ralph, Herbert, Ray, all of New Market and Edd Jr. (Bill) of Texas in the army: several nieces and newphews, also a host of friends.
He was employed at the Universal Exploration Co. Before going into the armed forces.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 7 August 1917
- Date of death: 6 July 1944
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: New Market
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 331st Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Friends Cemetery, New Market, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James L. Cain
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.