James Henry Sharp
James Sharp was a passenger on the U.S.S. Chaumont (AP5) in January 1942. He was transferred to the U.S.S. Langley for duty.
James Henry Sharp was the son of Bob and Jane McGhee Sharp. He died at sea in 1943 or 1944.
Sister: Mrs. Lenice Mae Childs, Rt 2, Lake City, TN
Listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Manila, Philippines. Listed as Missing or Buried at Sea, 15 December 1945.
- Rank: Seaman First Class
- Date of death: 15 December 1945
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Lake City
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Langley
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James H. Sharp
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.