Specialist 5th Class James Houston Roulette, from Maryville, Tennessee, was born on November 14, 1933. He was the son of Ollie and Bulah Mae Roulette. His first marriage was to Ms. Bryant and they had two daughters and one son. On October 1, 1963, he married Ruth Maxine Knight on October 1, 1963, in Bradley County, Tennessee. They had one son and one daughter.
Roulette served in the military for 6 years. His tour in Vietnam began on April 27, 1967. He served as a firefighter in the 220th Aviation Company (Reconnaissance), 212th Aviation Battalion, 16th Aviation Group. He died at the age of 34 on June 27, 1968, in Quang Nam, South Vietnam from artillery, rocket, or mortar wounds. He was buried in Knoxville National Cemetery on July 10, 1968 (Section B, Site 6710c).
For further information, please see: http://www.catkillers.org
- Rank: Specialist 5th Class
- Date of birth: 14 November 1933
- Date of death: 27 June 1968
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 220th Aviation Company
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James H. Roulette
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.