Died non Battle
Pvt Pratchard was taken Prisoner by Japanese on 7 May 1942. He was sent to camp 14-121 at the Philippines and transported on a ship, the Shinyo Mary, which sank not too far out, swam to shore but died of Pneumonia on the shore.
Buried at Manila American Cemetery, Philippines, D, 16, 151.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 17 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Mine Planter Harrison
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James H. Pratchard
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.