James H. Hodge
Born 15 February 1920
Died 9 June 1945
Buried at Knoxville National Cemetery, B, 6221
167th Infantry, Company B
Sgt Hodge was initially buried at the USAF Cemetery Leyte No. 1, Philippine Islands.
The Knoxville Journal, July 11, 1945
Army war casualties released the publication yesterday include the name of Sgt. James H. Hodge of Piney Plats, Sullivan County, who was killed in the Pacific war theater. Sergeant Hodge was the husband of Mrs. Lorine Hodge of Piney Flats.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 15 February 1920
- Date of death: 9 June 1945
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Piney Plats
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 167th Infantry, Company B
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James H. Hodge
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.