James Henderson Foster (USN-2960538) was born July 31, 1924 and died February 18, 1942 aboard the USS Pollux. He was mustered in the Navy on October 27, 1941 in Nashville, Tennessee and was assigned to the USS Pollux on December 10, 1941 as a Mess Attendant Third Class. The USS Truxton and USS Pollux ran aground near Newfoundland, broke up, and sank killing several aboard each ship.
He was the son of Mr. Elijah Dave Foster (died 12-07-1956) of 53-C West 20th Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee. He is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Rank: Mess Attendant Third Class
- Date of birth: 31 July 1924
- Date of death: 18 February 1942
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Pollux
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James H. Foster
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.