James Horace Foster was the son of Larkin Johnson Foster and Minta Ladeca Edwards.
Sergeant James H. Foster, US Army, was assigned to 350th Infantry Regiment, 88th Infantry Division. The Division relieved British units holding the line before Mount Cassino in the Mitturno area on the 5th of March 1944. The Division engaged in defensive patrolling and training until May.
Sergeant Forester was killed in action on the 11th of March 1944. He was initially buried at Carono Cemetery at Carono, Italy and reburied at Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, H,10,52, Nettuno, Italy.
Awards include the Purple Heart.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 22 March 1922
- Date of death: 11 March 1944
- County: Unicoi
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 350th Infantry Regiment, 88th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James H. Foster
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.