James Henry Allen was born in Jackson, Tennessee, foster son of Alex Peyton Allen and Ethel Honor.
Died non Battle
The Tennessean, 29 March 1949
Funeral services for Pvt. James H. Allen, 21, foster son of Mr. and Mrs. Alex P. Allen of Gallatin, who died during World War II of wounds received in action in France, will be held tomorrow. The services will be at Alexander funeral home here. Birial will be in Gallatin cemetery. Private Allen entered the service Feb. 2, 1943. He was a native of Jackson County, Tennessee. In addition to his parents, survivors include one sister, Mrs. Pearl Smithie, Nashville and one brother, Eugene Allen, Gallatin.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 13 August 1923
- Date of death: 27 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 5th Port Intransit Depot Squadron
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Gallatin City Cemetery, Gallatin, Sumner County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James H. Allen
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.