James Frank Linkous was born in Knoxville, Tennessee to Rev. John Washington Linkous and Mary Ellen Vineyard.
Company G, 119th Regiment, 60th Brigade, 30th Division
Cpl Linkous was wounded in action on 29 September 1918 and killed in action on 18 October in France. He died at the age of 19. He was originally buried at #642 British Military Cemetery (American Plot) at St. Souplet, Nord, France. Reinterred Arpil 14, 1921 at Arlington National Cemetery, Virginia.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 21 January 1898
- Date of death: 18 October 1918
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Creston
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company G, 119th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James F. Linkous
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.