James Edward Woods was born in Knoxville, Knox County, TN. He was the son of James Esco Woods and Arlettie Viola Perry. Husband of Trula Blanche Spurgeon. He was hospitalized at the hospital War aboard the SS Milford Victory at the Mid-Atlantic Ocean on 7 November 1945 where he died 3 days later.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 25 July 1920
- Date of death: 9 November 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Roseberry Cemetery, Mascot, Knox County, TN
- Contact us to sponsor James E. Woods
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.