James Earle Tester
Born 26 August 1920, Telford, Washington County, Tennessee.
He was killed in action in Germany. Son of Millard F. and Eliza Tester. Husband of Marie Tester.
James Earle, Glenn William, and Robert Denton Tester are brothers and buried next to each other at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium. Robert is buried at B, 14, 18. The Tester brothers- Glenn W., James Earle and Robert Denton all have memorial markers in New Victory Baptist Church-Conklin Road and Telford-New Victory road in Telford, TN.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 26 August 1920
- Date of death: 17 September 1944
- County: Washington
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Company E, 2nd Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James E. Tester
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.