James Elber Rogers was the son of James Elber Rogers. He was married to Jesslyn Pauline McClure and father of Robert Bradley Rogers.
Master Sergeant Rogers was a member of the 179th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea.
He was survived by his wife Jesslyn Pauline Rowell (née). Also survived by 2 sons, James E. Rogers, III and Robert Bradley Rogers.
- Rank: Master Sergeant
- Date of birth: 22 June 1929
- Date of death: 10 April 1953
- County: Marion
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 179th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cumberland View Cemetery, Kimball, Marion County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Robin Roper