James Earl Light was born in 1922, the son of Rev. Wayne Light and Roxie Bernard. He died of wound received in action in France.
Rogersville Review, January 11, 1945
Pvt. James E. Light , son of the Rev. Wayne Light of Rogersville, Rt. 6, and husband of Mrs. Mable Light, was wounded in action in France on November 13 and died on November 21st. He had been in the army 10 months and served overseas four months. He was 22 years of age. He had a host of friends in his home community and his death was a severe blow to all who knew him.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 21 November 1944
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Rogersville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 134th Infantry, 35th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James E. Light
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.