Sergeant James Everett Gentry #306476 US Marine Corps was listed as missing in action on October 24, 1944. Sergeant Gentry was a member of the Marine detachment aboard the USS Princeton (CVL-23). He was killed in the sinking of his carrier. He is remembered on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Philippines.
Mother: Mrs. Mary J. Gentry, 502 East 5th Avenue, Knoxville
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 28 October 1915
- Date of death: 24 October 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James E. Gentry
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.