Private James E. Forrester was assigned to the 45th Signal Company, 45th Infantry Division. The division was involved in the Battle for Sicily.
He died of wounds on 15 November 1943, and is interred at Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, G,11,51, Nettuno, Italy.
The Johnson County News, January 6, 1944
Pvt. James E. Forrester (Signal Corps) died in North Africa, November 15, 1943 and was wounded in Italy in action on November 9, 1943. He was born March 3, 1923, age 20 years, 9 months and 8 days. He entered the Army February 2, 1943.
Surviving are his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Luther Forrester, five brothers and three sisters, Marvin, Texie, Hobert and Bob, Carrie Lee and Elsie all of Mountain City. Ralph of Bristol and Howard of Pa.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 March 1923
- Date of death: 15 November 1943
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Mountain City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 45th Signal Company, 45th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle for Sicily
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James E. Forrester
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.