James E. Bell was born 26 June 1911 to Warren Garret Bell and Lillian G. Cochran. His brother S2 Paul William Bell was reported missing in action on Okinawa on April 26, 1945 and is memorialized at the Honolulu Memorial in Hawaii.
T/4 Bell died on 19 November 1944. He was initially buried at British Guinea, USAF Cemetery, Finschaffen #2
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 345
Technician Fourth Class
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 26 June 1948
Funeral services for T/4 James E. Bell, 34, who lost his life Nov. 19, 1944, on Hollandia, New Guinea, will be held at Clifton Hills Baptist Church. Burial will be in National Cemetery.
Survivors: Parents, Mr. and Mrs. W.G. Bell; brothers, Charles, Robert and Hobert Bell, Chattanooga; W.G. Bell Jr., Baltimore, and Frank E. Bell in Alaska with the navy; three sisters, Mrs. Edith Bass, Mary Ruth Bell , Evelyn Bell, Chattanooga. Another brother, Paul William Bell, was lost in the Pacific when his destroyer sank, March 26, 1945.
- Rank: Technician Fourth Class
- Date of birth: 26 June 1911
- Date of death: 19 November 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Ordnance Department
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James E. Bell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.