James Emory Begley
Corporal Begley was a Light Weapons Infantryman with Company F, 2nd Battalion, 35th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division. On April 25, 1951, when his company was withdrawing from line Kansas to line Delta, it was trapped by the Yongpyong River near Yongpyong, South Korea.
He was presumed dead on December 31, 1953. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 2 May 1927
- Date of death: 25 April 1951
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Mooresburg
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 35th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James E. Begley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.