James E. Arnold was born 1 May 1924, son of Silas Elmer Arnold and Clayton Millie Webb. He was Killed in Action 12 September 1944.
Buried at Shelby Hills Cemetery, Bristol, TN
Private First Class
314th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division, Company I
Bristol Herald Courier, December 4, 1948
Funeral services for Pfc. James Elmer Arnold of Route 4, Brilstol, Tenn., will be conducted at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the Emmett Church. Burial will be in Shelby Hills Cemetery with Hackler-Wood Post NO. 145, American Legion, in charge of graveside services.
Private Arnold is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Arnold; four sisters, Bonnie and Gladys Arnold, Mrs. Charles Flick and Mrs. William Gross, all of Bristol.
Bristol Herald Courier, December 5, 1948
Funeral services for Pfc. James Elmer Arnold of Route 4, Brilstol, Tenn., who was killed in France September 12, 1944.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 1 May 1924
- Date of death: 12 September 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 314th Infantry Regiment, 79th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shelby Hills Cemetery, Bristol, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James E. Arnold
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.