James David Wilder
Born 23 June 1925
Killed in Action 19 September 1944
Pvt Wilder is buried at Bethesda Cemetery, Morristown, Hamblen County, Tennessee.
Rogersville Review, November 23, 1944
Pvt. James D. Wilder, age 19, son of Mr. and Mrs. G.J. Wilder of Whitesburg, was killed in Italy on Sept. 19, 1944. Pvt. Wilder volunteered for service June 1, 1943, received his training in Texas before going overseas in February of this year. He is survived by three sisters and six brothers, one brother, Kyle, is in the Navy. Before entering the service Pvt. Wilder was employed by the upholstering factory in Morristown. He was a member of the Robinson’s Creek Baptist church.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 23 June 1925
- Date of death: 19 September 1944
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Whitesburg
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bethesda Cemetery, Morristown, Hamblen County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James D. Wilder
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.