James David Gentry
Corporal Gentry was a medic with the Medical Company, 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while tending his wounded comrades in North Korea.
Corporal Gentry is interred in the State Line Cemetery, Laurel Bloomery, Johnson County Tennessee.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 4 September 1928
- Date of death: 2 September 1951
- County: Johnson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Combat Medical Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: State Line Cemetery, Laurel Bloomery, Johnson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James D. Gentry
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.