1st Lieutenant James Dowel Dugger, Jr. was born on November 1, 1946, and was originally from Pottstown, Pennsylvania. He served his country in the viet War in the United States Army, as a rotary wing aviation unit commander in 57th AHC, 52nd Aviation Battalion, 17th Aviation Group, 1st Aviation Brigade. His tour in Vietnam began on June 5, 1972. On October 16, 1972, 1st Lt. Dugger was aboard a helicopter that crashed in Pleiku province, South Vietnam; he was killed in the incident at the age of 25. 1st Lt. Dugger is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 1W, Line 82.
Photo courtesy: www.honorstates.org
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 1 November 1946
- Date of death: 16 October 1972
- County: Carter
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 17th Aviation Group, 1st Aviation Brigade
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star, Air Medal, Purple Heart, Vietnam Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Happy Valley Memorial Park, Elizabethton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James D. Dugger Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.