Entered the Service From Tennessee
Service U.S. Marine Corps, United States Marine Corps
Died Sunday, December 27, 1942
Memorialized at Manila American Cemetery
Location Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
Awards Purple Heart
James Wiseman Killed in Action
Mrs. Martha J. Wiseman has been notified by the Navy Department that her son, James C. Wiseman, Pfc., Marine Corps, has been killed in action.
The Knoxville Journal, January 27, 1943
Pvt. James C. Wiseman, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jack Wiseman, Madisonville, was killed in action, the War Department has notified his parents. He is monroe’s first war casualty.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 22 January 1921
- Date of death: 27 December 1942
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Madisonville
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James C. Wiseman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.