James Carter Trent was born on 24 February 1924. Son of Lula Mace of Sweetwater.
Pfc Trent had been in service for 5 years and overseas 36 months. He had seen service at Guadalcanal, Saipan and Philippines and died of Wounds 6 February 1945 received on Luzon
Private First Class
35th Infantry Regiment, A.T. Company
PFC Trent was initially buried at the USAF Cemetery Santa Barbara No. 1, Philippine Islands. Buried at Knoxville National Cemetery, A, 5866.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 24 February 1924
- Date of death: 6 February 1945
- County: Grainger
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 35th Infantry Regiment, A.T. Company
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James C. Trent
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.