James Curl Lane was born 30 August 1923
Killed in Action 11 April 1945 in Germany
Buried at Calhoun Cemetery, Calhoun, TN
315th Infantry Regiment, Company A
Son of James Lyde Lane and Viola Rosa Miller. Husband of Violet Mae Barker.
The Knoxville Journal, August 12, 1945
Riceville, Aug. 11 – Private James C. Lane, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jim L. Lane, was killed in Munich, Germany April 11, 1945. His wife, Mrs. Violet Barker Lane lives at Madisonville, Route 2.
Mr. and Mrs. Lane have two other sons in service, Private Tommy S. Lane and Seaman William Ray Lane. Private Tommy Lane is on duty somewhere in the Pacific. His wife and little son, Jimmy, live at Niota. William Lane, seaman second class, is serving at a repair base at Albany, Calif.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 30 August 1923
- Date of death: 11 April 1945
- County: McMinn
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 315th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Calhoun Cemetery, Calhoun, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James C. Lane
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.