James (Jimmy) C. Floyd was born in Saint Clair, Hawkins County, Tennessee to Rev. William Lemuel Floyd Jr. and Rosa Lee McBride.
On June 7, 1918, while Private James C Floyd was fighting with the United States Army, Co. A, 1st Brigade Machine Gun Batallion, AEF in France, he was Killed in Action. His body was returned home to be buried in the McBride Cemetery.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 24 October 1899
- Date of death: 7 July 1918
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Rogersville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company A, 1st Machine Gun Batallion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: McBride Cemetery, Hawkins County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James C. Floyd
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.