James Claude Fine was born on 17 August 1924 to William Albert Fine and Ethel Varner.
He died on 25 July 1944
Returned from Guam No 1, Marinas Islands. He is buried at Honolulu Memorial, HI, C, 1, 2, 5
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 18 August 1944
Listed as killed in action was Pfc. James Claude Fine, 28, son of Mr. and Mrs. W.A. Fine, North Chattanooga, Route 5. Pfc. Fine was reported killed in the Southwest Pacific theater on an undisclosed date, his parents were informed. A former employe of the Tennessee highway department, Pfc. Fine entered the army three years ago, and had been overseas 22 months. Pfc. Fine was a member of the Woodland Heights Church of Christ. He had two brothers, S1C Clyde Fine of the Navy and T.C. Fine of Chattanooga, and one sister, Mrs. Alberta Lawson of Chattanooga.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 17 August 1924
- Date of death: 25 July 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Engineer Battalion, Company C
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James C. Fine
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.