James Boyd Snyder. After enlistment in September 1917, James Boyd Snyder was sent to Camp Lee, VA, as a member of Company F, 317th Infantry, 80th Division. He sailed for France in May 1918 and went through the training period without accident. He lost his life in action October 6, 1918, in the Argonne Forest. He is listed on the Tablets of the Missing at Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France.
He was the husband of Ethel Johnny Ricketts and father of James Howard Snyder.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 24 July 1887
- Date of death: 6 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company F, 317th Infantry Regiment, 80th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James B. Snyder
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.