James Arthur Tummins
Born 13 March 1921
Died non Battle 1 May 1944
S/Sgt died at Yuba, California. He was the son of John Daniel Tummins and Pearl Mae Masden. He is buried at Green Hill Cemetery, Etowah, McMinn County, Tennessee.
Medford Mail Tribune (Oregon) 4 May 1944
Marysville, Cal., May 4 – Three Camp Beal enlisted men were killed in the explosion of a land mine contained in an experimental “booby trap” used in training at the base, camp officers announced today.
Killed were Sgt. James Tummins, 23, Elizabethton, Tenn.; Sgt. Leon Russell, 31, La Follette, Tenn., and Pvt. Anthony P. San Fillippo, 22, Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 13 March 1921
- Date of death: 1 May 1944
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Elizabethton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Green Hill Cemetery, Etowah, McMinn County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James A. Tummins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.