Private James Alfred Breeden was born on June 26, 1921 in Knoxville. He was the only child of Walter Breeden and Roxie Laura Satterfield Breeden. He lived at 3450 Brooks Road, Knoxville. Prior to joining the military, he worked as a farmer.
Private Breeden was a member of Company E, 88th Glider Company. He was serving at Camp MacCall in Scotland County, North Carolina. In a horrific accident on March 7, 1944, he was hit in the base of the skull with a bazooka shell. He died from a brain hemorrhage due to a compound fracture in his skull. He is buried in Asbury Cemetery in Knoxville.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 26 June 1921
- Date of death: 7 March 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 88th Glider Company
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Asbury Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James A. Breeden
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.