Technical Sergeant James Arthur Bacon, Jr., was born April 20, 1924. He was the son of James A. and Myrtle Elkins Bacon. He had five sisters, Ethel Bacon, Grace Bacon, Helen Bacon, Frances Bacon, and Ruth Bacon Plank Harris.
Technical Sergeant Bacon enlisted in the military on March 3, 1943 in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. He served in the Pacific theater with the U.S. Army Air Forces, 822nd Bomber Squadron, 38th Bomber Group, Medium. He was killed in action on Friday, November 10, 1944. He is memorialized at Manila American Cemetery in Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines and memorialized at Chattanooga National Cemetery in Chattanooga, Tennessee (Plot MA, O, 5) He was awarded an Air Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster and a Purple Heart.
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of birth: 20 April 1924
- Date of death: 10 November 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 822nd Bomber Squadron, 38th Bomber Group, Medium
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Air Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James A. Bacon Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.