James Arthur Adams was born on 27 March 1918 in Carrolton, Georgia, son of Brewer Lester Adams Odessa Echols.
Died non Battle 23 May 1943
491st Bomber Squadron, 341st Bomber Group
Returned from Kalaiunda, India in 1949
Buried in Marietta National Cemetery, Marietta, GA
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 2 September 1949
Funeral services for S/Sgt. James A. Adams, who died in India May 23, 1943, will be held today in the National Cemetery at Marietta, Ga., it was announced last night.
Sgt. Adams was the son of Mr. and Mrs. B.L. Adams, Cedartown, Georgia. His sisters are Mrs. Paul Faires, Chattanooga; Mrs. H.B. Tolbert, Mrs. W.P. Ledbetter and Mrs. Clarence Howard, all of Cedartown. His brothers are Lester Adams, Chattanooga; W.E. Adams, Rome, Ga.; Woodrow Pike, Cedartown and W.P. Pike, Lake Wales, Fla.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 27 March 1918
- Date of death: 23 May 1943
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 491st Bomber Squadron, 341st Bomber Group
- Theater: Burma China India
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Marietta National Cemetery, Marietta, GA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor James A. Adams
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.