Jake Edward Dale, born 2 November 1919, was the son of Jacob Scott and Mary Wilcox Dale. He died 22 April 1945. Jake was married to Nola Mae Adcock and had a son, Robert D. who was only 2 years old when his father died.
He enlisted in the US Army on March 1, 1942 at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia and was assigned to the 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, Company E. He died of wounds suffered in combat on April 22, 1945.
He is buried at Zion Hill Baptist Church Cemetery, Turtletown, Polk County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 2 November 1919
- Date of death: 22 April 1945
- County: Polk
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Zion Hill Baptist Church Cemetery, Turtletown, Polk County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Traci Waldrop-Gaines
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.