Jadie (Jade) Hugh Christian Burkett Martin was born in Johnson City, Tennessee to Alexander and Evaline May Martin. He entered the service September 19, 1917 at Mountain City and trained at Camp Jackson in Columbia, South Carolina. He sailed to Europe in March 1918 and was killed in action in the battle of Marne, France at the age of 26.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 24 April 1891
- Date of death: 8 August 1918
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Shouns
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 6th Engineers, 3rd Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Marne river near Mezy
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Arlington County, Virginia
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jade Martin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.