Born 25 October 1917, Bristol, Virginia
Killed in Action 28 September 1944
350th Infantry Regiment, 88th Division, Headquarters Company
Pvt Waller was killed in action in Italy. He is buried at Lynnhurst Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee.
Bristol Herald Courier, November 25, 1948
Funeral services for Pvt. Jack L. Waller, son of Mr. and Mrs. K.L. Waller of 3005 E. Magnolia Ave., Knoxville, will be held at 2 p.m. November 27 at Mann’s Chapel, Knoxville. Pvt. Waller was born in Bristol Oct. 25, 1917 and lost his life Sept. 28, 1944, while serving with the 88th Blue Devils Division, 350th Infantry, Headquarters Company Military Intelligence. His body was returned this week from a U.S. Military Cemetery at Castelfiorentine, Italy. Pvt. Waller was a member of Magnolia Avenue Methodist Church at Knoxville, a graduate of Knoxville High School and attended University of Tennessee. He was an office employe of Harrison Construction Co., at Oak Ridge prior to entering military service in 1943. His parents survive.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 25 October 1917
- Date of death: 28 September 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 350th Infantry Regiment, 88th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lynnhurst Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jack L. Waller
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.