Private Lanier was a member of the 187th Airborne Infantry Regimental Combat Team. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea on February 15, 1951.
He was repatriated back to his hometown of Knoxville and buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in South Knox County.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 9 November 1930
- Date of death: 15 February 1951
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 187th Airborne Infantry Regimental Combat Team
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Bronze Star, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jack D. Lanier
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.