Staff Sergeant Jack Bowman was assigned to the 405th Bombardment Squadron, 38th Bomber Group M flying B-25’s out of New Guinea. He was given a finding of death on 2 September 1943, and is listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Philippines.
Jack Bowman was the son of Lenna Bowman of Johnson City, TN
Aircraft B-25D-1 with serial number 41-30319 departed fron Durand Strip in New Guinea on a strike mission to Wewak in New Guinea. The right engine, fuselage and bomb-bay were seen to be on fire from ack-ack. The aircraft was seen to crash in the sea, off shore at Wewak and sink rapidly.
Pilot, F/O John D. Blain
Co-Pilot, F/O Charles P. Wells
Navigator, S/Sgt Wiliam F. Green
Radio Gunner, S/Sgt Robert J. Capocefalo
Armorer Gunner, S/Sgt Jack Bowman
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of death: 2 September 1943
- County: Washington
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 405th Bomber Squadron, 38th Bomber Group, Medium
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Silver Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Jack Bowman
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.