First Lieutenant Greenway was the pilot of a F-84E Thunderjet fighter with the 111st Fighter Bomber Squadron, 136th Fighter Bomber Wing. On January 5, 1952, while on a combat mission, his aircraft received a direct hit by anti-aircraft fire and crashed landed at Taegu #1 Airfield (K-2).
Note: Greenway photo is from WWII. He was a dual service member.
- Rank: First Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 25 March 1926
- Date of death: 5 January 1952
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Air Force
- Division/Assignment: 136th Fighter Bomber Wing
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Monte Vista Memorial Park, Johnson City, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor J. Ray Greenway Jr.